- How are your reserves of energy? Do you have plenty or are you run down?
- What practices do you have in your life that create space for stillness & reflection?
- A mountain lake that freezes in the winter stores tremendous energy and power to fuel the growth of spring. Are you aware of your personal power and how you use it?
- Do you manage your energy wisely? Do you contain your energy well, or let it spill out? Are your boundaries appropriate, allowing you to hold your energy and use it wisely?
If you find that your reserves of energy are low the following practices will help:
- Sleep as much as your body needs. Long nights are meant for long sleep.
- Stay warm.
- Do gentle exercise - walking, Qigong, slow yoga.
- Eat cooked foods & drink enough fluids.
- Carve out space in your schedule that is unstructured - allow yourself to take it easy, sit by the fire and read a book or listen to music. Do nothing.