Here are some great practices to make use of the energy of the season:
Clean out the old:
- Go through your home and work place. Clear out places where clutter collects. Clean out closets, filing cabinets & medicine cabinets. Comb through your bookshelves for items that you no longer need. Sell, give away or recycle as much as possible.
- Assess your schedule - clear out any activities that you are done with - pare down to essentials.
- If there is any unfinished business in your relationships, clean it up
- Let go of pain that causes you unnecessary suffering. If appropriate, write down the things you need to release, then burn the paper.
- Autumn is a great time to cleanse the body. Eliminate toxins from your diet and eat simple, whole foods.
- Go for a walk and breathe deeply - experience the clear, crisp air and feel how much energy it gives you.
- Honor the friends, relatives, pets, colleagues who add to your life.
- Seek out things that inspire you - read an inspiring book, listen to music that moves you, view art that touches you.
- Is there anything that you want to add to your life to enhance your health, energy or soul? Meditation, regular breathing exercise, a gratitude journal are some examples.
For more information about Five-Element Acupuncture, see the Center for Classical Five-Element Acupuncture in Seattle.