Some questions to ponder at this time of year:
- What is the state of your reserves of energy? Do you have plenty or have you run yourself down? Take the time to build up your reserves if needed. Rest. Stay warm. Drink lots of water.
- What practices do you have in your life that create space for stillness and reflection?
- A mountain lake that freezes in the winter is storing its power - when it thaws it fuels that tremendous growth of spring. Are you aware of your personal power and how you use it?
- Do you manage your energy wisely? Do you contain your energy well or do you spill it out in your life? Are your boundaries appropriate, allowing you to hold your own energy and use it consciously?
Practices for Winter include:
- Sleeping as much as your body needs.
- Gathering with close friends and family - time to go deep with those who mean the most to you.
- Taking a conscious rest vacation or retreat.
- Eating cooked foods - warming stews and roasted vegetables.
For more information about living in harmony with the seasons and Five-Element Acupuncture see the Center for Classical Five-Element Acupuncture in Seattle.